At Richard Pearlman LLP we aim to provide the highest standards of service to our clients and to work in partnership with them.
As part of our Treating Clients Fairly Policy, we make every effort to ensure that our clients are totally satisfied with both the legal advice and level of service that they have received from us. This includes:
- Understanding the individual needs and expectations of our clients
- Ensuring that we are flexible in the delivery of our services so that we meet our clients' individual agendas and expectations
- Agreeing an appropriate pattern of communication with our clients and keeping them informed regarding the progress of their matter in a clear and understandable manner
- Ensuring our clients know who has the day to day conduct of their matter
- Delivering our services in a clear and transparent way without any hidden conditions or complexities
- Ensuring our clients receive value for money and providing them with regular costs updates
- Ensuring that they understand how the services we provide are regulated and the protection that this affords them
- Explaining that although we pride ourselves in the quality of our work and customer service, in the event of a complaint we operate a fair and transparent complaints procedure
A copy of our Complaints Policy can be viewed by clicking here.
Our priority is to provide our clients with an excellent service underpinned by the quality of our advice. We are committed to ensuring that our clients want to use our services, stay with us and recommend us to their families, friends and colleagues.
Our service is shaped by listening to our clients’ needs and understanding what is important to them. We take responsibility for meeting the needs of our clients and always look for ways to improve the quality of our service. We operate a rigorous file review system as part of our internal audit procedures as well as regularly conducting client surveys to ensure that we consistently enhance the service levels for the client.
If after we have done everything we can to resolve matters ourselves, you are still not satisfied or at any stage if you prefer, please contact the Legal Ombudsman. It may be that the Legal Ombudsman is unable to deal with your complaint. If in doubt, please refer to the Legal Ombudsman at:
Procedure for non-clients
If you are not a client we will only be able to deal with your complaint if you are alleging that we have acted in breach of the Solicitors Code of Conduct. We will ask you to specify the alleged breach before we deal with your complaint. Please send your complaint for the attention of our Senior Partner. We will tell you as soon as reasonably possible if we consider that we agree there has been a breach and apologise if so. If you are not satisfied, or at any time if you prefer, you may ask the Solicitors Regulation Authority to investigate our conduct.
199 Wharfside Street
Birmingham B1 1RN
09.00 to 17.00, Monday to Friday
Professional Indemnity Insurance
In accordance with our regulatory obligations we confirm that Richard Pearlman LLP has professional indemnity insurance in place well in excess of the compulsory minimum level for users of our services in England and Wales. Details will be provided in response to any qualifying enquiry.
Pursuant to the Solicitors Regulation Authority Transparency Rules 2018, we are obliged to provide details of our fees in relation to residential conveyancing. If you are interested in using our services for residential conveyancing, please read the attached note by clicking here. This note then links to four further notes concerning the sale and purchase of residential property, both freehold and leasehold. We believe you will find these notes to be helpful, not only in terms of fees, but also in guiding you through the process generally.